Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th: Food, Fireworks, and Fun

July has started off pretty good. June consisted of 2 weeks of constant rain followed by 2 weeks of oppressive heat. We had record high temperatures and humidity that would fog up your glasses when you walked out in the early morning. 

The fourth of July offered up a reprieve and low humidity and a slight breeze made it a great day to have everyone over for a cookout.  Picnics aren't just for eating. It is for fun and family, and you have to work off some of those hamburgers, hotdogs, grilled chicken breasts and deserts.

And this is where the fun begins.  I admit, I was never able to play video games. Pacman was over my head, and when my sons were younger, they would grab the game out of my hands due to frustration. Now it is my granddaughters.  Hello Kitty and My Little Pony have replaced car races and war games. 

I vowed to purchase the Wii console after playing some games at a beach getaway with my girlfriends but never got around to it.  Then came the offer a couple of weeks ago from Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment to have me "review" Vacation Isle Beach Party. Released in June, this game is great for the whole family.  My granddaughters are 4 and 7, my sons and daughter in law are in their late twenties and thirty, and my husband and I are....well, anyway, it is fun for the whole family.  Everyone was able to get in on the game since it allows you to select the difficulty setting for each skill level.

Don't worry about getting away for a beach vacation.  This game is set on a fictional island and the realistic and lush scenery will make you break out the suntan lotion. You can pick from eight games, Slalom Skiing, Wake Boarding, Surfing, Stand Up Paddling, Ski Jump, Stunt Park and Hula and Fire Dancing (my favorite).  Next, pick out a character, and you are on your way to earning sand dollars to use for purchasing beach gear and accessories from the "surf shack". 

I was considering buying the Wii Fitness Game, but no need to after playing this game.  The work out you receive is an added bonus to the fun that everyone will have. 

If you have the Wii Balance Board, I understand it will add to the experience, but we had the Wii Remote and Nunchuck and had a great time with that. (The balance board is now on my wish list!)

So, grab your surfboards, waterskis, hula skirts, and those little drinks with umbrellas becauseVacation Isle: Beach Party will bring the party into your living room!

I want to thank Amy for sending me two copies of the game. I kept one of course to review and will donate one to our local shelter for abused women and their children.

Aloha!
Karen

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime