Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spring Day Teaser

What an absolutely gorgeous day! I woke up to sunny skies and by 12 noon the temperature was in the 50's. The deck is now clean of all the leaves, my husband MOWED the yard, and mulched leaves, and I couldn't resist peeping under the mulch on several plants. My Stella de Ora lilies are green under their blanket of mulch, but not to be fooled by this weather, I tucked them back to bed. My pineapple sage bush has survived the early winter temps of 9 degrees (this is the first year they have lasted this long), and I noticed my hydrangeas had a few green leaves. I think those will certainly be nipped by the upcoming weather report. The high for Wednesday is 30. What a tease this day was, but I will take it as an omen for better things to come. My granddaughters came down, and the Barbie Jeep was put to good use after being recharged.To all of those undergoing the harsh freezes in other states, I hope the power is back on soon, and warmer weather is in your future. Get those gardening and seed magazines out, a hot cup of coffee or tea, and dream of sunny skies and warm weather!

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime