Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Practice Thankfulness

I have been feeling a little sorry for myself the last month. Our shop 'The Jasmine Moon", has had a rough time along with the other merchants due to streetscaping. The project was to be completed mid September, but the sidewalks have not even been poured.

One of my yahoo groups involves a band of newbie bloggers, plus a few seasoned ones who are prodding, pushing, and cajoling us to increase our blogging posts. Tina, the headmistress, has given us a few "assignments" to get our creative juices flowing. The last idea was something like taking a look at something we may take for granted, and looking at it in a different way.

Last night my husband and I went for a walk in Downtown Chickamauga. I looked up in the sky, and saw the clearest stars. Tina, I thought of you, and your assignment. How can we feel sorry for ourselves when we have the ability to see what others might not. The local high school football game was going on and the band was playing. How thankful I should be to hear. So .......
I have, for at least the time being, gotten off my pity wagon, and I want to say I am thankful for the following and so much more:

I am able to walk that 1 mile walk around the school, using my own two legs.
I am thankful I can see the stars, and hear the band and cheers for the football team.
I am thankful for my two sons who are healthy, a wonderful daughter n law who puts up with my craziness, and the MOST beautiful two granddaughters, Mackenzie, and Kendall.
I am thankful for my mom and dad (ages 78 and 81,) who without fail, call every birthday and insist on singing the whole birthday song, and who still think I am their little girl.
I am thankful for my sister and brother in law, her son, and his family.
I am thankful for all my friends, who I can without a hesitation call and whine, gripe, laugh and cry.
And last, but certainly not least, my husband, who has put up with my crazy ideas for 30 years now.
And thanks to Tina and her simple assignment that had me looking at the stars in a different way. You can read Tina's blog at www.essentialherbal.blogspot.com

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime