Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Garden's harvest

I picked these out of the garden this afternoon. Lot's of great cucumbers, squash, greenbeans, and a couple of zuchinni.

While looking through a new book I bought at Books a Million today, I found a recipe for chocolate zuchinni bread. There are several books by Laura Childs called the Tea Shop mystery series. I love mysteries and especially like these books since they are set in Charleston, South Carolina. The heroine is the owner of a tea shop and each book includes recipes and ideas for hosting tea parties. I also like the fact that the books often give great ideas for marketing a business, and since I have opened the Jasmine Moon Shop I am always looking for ways to get more people into the shop. You can find out more about the books at www.laurachilds.com This recipe comes from "The Jasmine Moon Mystery". (This is where I got the name of my shop, although in the book, it refers to the Jasmine Cemetary where a "ghost walk" is being held.

Here's the recipe, I am going to try it in a couple of days and take some to the shop for customers.

Haley's Chocolate Zucchini Tea Bread
3 cups all purpose flour
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate bits

Combine flour, eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and buttermilk in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Stir in zucchini and chocolate bits. Pour batter into two well-greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for one hour and 15 minutes. Cool, slice and serve with cream cheese and orange marmalde.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime