Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lavender in Bloom


I took a walk outside this afternoon after a brief thunderstorm. It had been so hot, over 85 degrees. In fact, I had watered and fertilized my annuals, and was going to water my herb garden later in the afternoon.  The storm came up suddenly, and even hailed.  Afterward, everything looked so crisp and clean, and the lavender especially enjoyed the hard shower.  This lavender is about 4 or 5 years old and gifts me each year with bundles of lavender for my bath products and sachets.  The blooms are also a great treat for the bees. I tried to photograph a huge bee on the blooms but couldn't quite get him zoomed in enough.  Someone's going to have some great lavender jelly.


Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime