Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Garden Whimsy

 I have had this old black bike for quite a while and the area around the tree was hard to keep weed free.  Three years ago I planted two small pots of ivy, and you can see how it has grown. The area goes all the way up the driveway to the road, and I hope to have most covered with the ivy in a few years. I found the blue stop sign in someones trash on the side of the road and grabbed it up. If you look closely behind the back wheel, you will see Emma, my stray hen, who doesn't want to be confined to the pen. She comes and goes as she wants, and sometimes I won't see her for weeks.  Now that I have the baby chicks in their pen, she meets me down at the barn every evening to go in, eat a snack, and come back out.  Occasionally I make her stay overnight, so that I can get an egg.  I have no idea where she lays them the rest of the time!

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Oh, be careful with the ivy! I have ivy all over my property. It's in the woods, up the trees, in the yard, and in the foundation of my house. I feel like it was planted in the woods quite a while ago (50 years+) but it took over everything. It's pretty, but unless you stay on top of it, it can go crazy!

    By Blogger _emily_rose, At May 17, 2012 at 5:22 AM  

  • Oh yes, like Bamboo! There is a driveway at the back and our asphalt driveway in front, so it's not near the house thank goodness. I keep it in check by clipping it back unmercifully. Thanks for the tip to anyone thinking about ivy.
    Gardenchick

    By Blogger Unknown, At May 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime