Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chicks and Weeds and Me, Oh my!

I can't believe it has been a month since I posted!! I had every intention of posting 3-4 days a week, but oh well, well laid plans...... It has been absolutely beautiful in Georgia.  We have set record high temperatures, and the spring rains have made the grass grow, and the weeds multiply at an alarming rate. I could spend 8 hours a day for a solid week, and not get all my weeding done.




You know it is spring because the chicks have arrived at Tractor Supply. We purchased 5 pullets that lay brown eggs and a questionable pullet or rooster from the straight run batch. We hope it is a hen, because it will lay blue or green eggs.  These were with me under a watchful eye from the cats in my perennial garden.  Later they will go back in their box in the kitchen under a light.



The last month has also brought the worst month for allergy sufferers. I have never had many allergies, but this year I have had a hacking cough and sore throat for a month.  Our front porch is currently covered in yellow pollen.  I live in the Chattanooga Tennessee area, and it is one of the top 5 worst areas for pollen in the nation.

Do these azaleas make me look fat?

Happy spring!
Karen

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime