Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's gonna be a long winter


Today was a gloomy rainy day, and only 50 degrees outside, but I am already anxious for next spring, and next years garden. Not a lot can be done in the garden this time of year, but the long cold winter days are great for dreaming of next spring. I am going to start a garden journal, filled with all of the things I want in my garden next year. New herb beds with enough herbs to make my herbal products, an arbor covered with jasmine vine to provide a shaded area, lots of garden whimsy (I love making garden objects out of flea market finds), rugosa roses, a garden path to my shed lined with flowers, a cutting garden.............
Why not start yours today. Cut out pictures, take pictures of your garden area to help plan the area, and start researching the growing conditions of your plants.

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Good Morning Karen

    For three years I kept a garden journal. I would journal every morning while drinking coffee. It's wonderful to go back now and see what I wished for, what I got and what I'm still working towards. MMM, I might have to start another one. Hope you have as much fun with your journal.

    Donna in Louisiana

    By Blogger Donna in Louisiana, At January 2, 2008 at 4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime