Make Your Dreams Come True Day
I was looking at my blog calendar and realized Friday was "Make Your Dream Come True Day". For over five years I have had a dream to own my own business, and have only half heartedly or sporatically worked on it And yes, you do have to put work into it. The problems is I let everyone's needs come first, or made all kind of excuses to not move forward. Money, time, and I wanted to do it all. I first thought this inability to make a decision on what my dream was, was attributed to ADD, or now, Menopause! We are taught early on that we can't have it all, and need to pick one thing to concentrate on or we can't do it well. Well, I am here to dispel that myth. I am reading "The Renaissance Soul, Life Designs for People with too Many Passions to Just Pick One. And guess what? I am normal, and you don't have to pick just one thing.
So....I spent some time today clarifying what I TRULY wanted. I broke down the dream, and decided to work on just one, My Gardenchick Business today. Here is my dream in black and white. No more excuses, you can all hold me accountable for making my dream come true.
- I want to work at home.
- I want to work in creative surroundings, in an outdoor office surrounded by gardens. I want the "office" to be built of recyled materials with huge windows so I can see out.
- I want to build my Gardenchick business, creating natural bath and body products, expanding my line to involve children and pet products. (I already have some of these, but need to refocus, and concentrate on one at a time.) I want to be the Paula Dean of gardening. I want Gardenchick products such as seeds, garden tools, paper products and linens.
- I want a blog that like minded people want to read and want to tell others about.
- I want to go junking with my friends and have "occasional" sales where we can share our finds.
- I want to create jewelry from found objects.